Hi, lovely reader!
How are you today? My name is Rita and welcome to my little bookish corner on the internet! Yay!
Before I even introduce myself, I want to introduce my small child, bookishr. Here I post literary related content, anything from
- book reviews,
- lists and tags popular (and not so popular) in BookTube,
- reading years in review with full stats attached (I’m a bit of a math and data nerd),
- pieces of my favorite poems and perhaps (if I can overcome a herculean task of beating my fears) some original works and,
- most likely, there will be sometimes the casual ranty post.
My name is Rita (duh) and I’m seventeen years old, still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. Oh, and I guess I should add that I am Portuguese, born and raised.
Since this is an about me page I suppose you want to get to know me better, so here are some useless facts:
- I have four cats and I love them to bits and pieces,
- I am a feminist,
- I love tea if and only if it has milk in it,
- I am vegetarian (I have been for more than a year, hurrah!) and
- I am an INTJ according to the MBTI test.
And now, some more useful facts and pieces of information about me:
- I love reading. You have probably figured this out already, it’s in my blog’s name (duh). I have always loved reading and being surrounded by books, my family has always encouraged me to read more and I blame them for the bookworm I am today. I remember reading Roald Dahl and Geronimo Stilton books when I was in third and fourth grade which got me into reading daily. Harry Potter then appeared in my life when I moved to fifth grade and led me to more fantasy middle grade/young adult novels, which, in turn led me to BookTube that led me to where I am today: starting a book blog! I also love writing, be it prose or poetry. I have entered in some contests which forced me to write more often.
- I love art. Every time I visit a new city one of the first things I want to do is go to museums and find out about cool places to go to watch urban art being showcased. I have a particularly special spot for late 19th century and early 20th century painting. My favorite artists are Monet, Manet, Van Gogh, Matisse (you might have noticed my header and icon shhh!), Frida Kahlo and Edward Hopper.
- Traveling feeds my soul the will to keep living. There is nothing I have ever experienced that can’t be solved with budget traveling around the world.
My reading tastes vary as I try to read widely, both across different genres and across different continents. I tend to sway more towards contemporary fiction or memoirs, with the occasional classic thrown in for good measure. The genres I do tend to avoid are New Adult, Paranormal, Horror and Science Fiction. If you want to find out about what I’m currently reading and what I’ve read in the past, feel free to visit my Goodreads page.
If there is a book you would like me to read and review, you can contact me through THIS page, I will try to get back to you as soon as humanly possible!
Now, enough with my ranting, I hope you like reading my blog, I put a lot of effort into it every day I can find the time to work on it. Don’t hesitate in leaving a comment in a post if there is something you would like to discuss. Thank you for reading!